Download .zip file with this wiki original content as downloaded from http://occupyresearch.wikispaces.com/
Download the discussion of every page in json format
Occupy Research home
Welcome! This is an open, shared space for distributed research focused around OccupyWallStreet / OccupyTogether. We are sharing ideas, research questions, research methods, tools, datasets, and later working to gather, analyze, discuss, write, code, and otherwise develop the theory and practice of occupy research together. Check out the left hand column for links to different pages (e.g. research questions, interview guides, overview of tools and practices in the camps, etc).
If you'd like to participate, please:
1. Join the Occupy Research Main Mailing list: email@example.com; subscribe here: https://www.autistici.org/mailman/listinfo/occupyresearch
2. request membership* in this wiki,
and include a little bit of info about yourself. Once added, you can also provide more info at occupyresearch.net/who, if you like. (* note: Why is this a moderated space? We started out on a completely open etherpad but unfortunately, we had to switch due to repeated attacks from some annoying trolls ;)
You can also participate in these ways
Occupy Research open conference calls will be in a bi-weekly basis on Tuesdays at
6.00pm EST / 3.00pm PST. Register at http://interoccupy.org/researchcall/
- 04.10.12 OR 14th conference call Tuesday April 10th 2012, 6.00pm EST / 3.00pm PST To join, register for the call at http://interoccupy.org/researchcall/ . Live notes: http://bit.ly/orcall14
- 03.27.12 OR 13th conference call Tuesday March 27th 2012, 6.00pm EST / 3.00pm PST To join, register for the call at http://interoccupy.org/researchcall/ . Live notes: http://bit.ly/ORCall13
- 03.13.12 OR 12th conference call Tuesday March 13th 2012, 6.00pm EST / 3.00pm PST To join, register for the call at http://interoccupy.org/researchcall/. Live notes: http://bit.ly/orcall12
- 02.28.2012 OR 11th conference call Tuesday February 28th 2012, 6.00pm EST / 3.00pm PST: Announcements, Breakouts. To join, register for the call at http://interoccupy.org/researchcall/. Live notes: http://bit.ly/orcall11
- 2.7.2012 OR 10th conference call: Tuesday, February 7th, 6pm EST / 3pm PST: Announcements, Project Updates, OR Coordination, Breakouts. To join, register for the call at http://interoccupy.org/researchcall/. Live notes: http://bit.ly/orcall10
- 1.14.12 OR 9th Conference Call: Saturday, Jan.14, 1 pm EST/10 am PST. Announcements, Project Updates, and an Occupy Race breakout callFrom a phone: Dial conference call number (949) 202-4265; PIN:51267#. From Skype *NEW!* Skype id: meetingburnerconf Code:51267#.
Live notes: http://bit.ly/orcall9
- 1.7.12 OR 8th Conference Call: Saturday,Jan.7, 1 pm EST/10 am PST. Announcements, Project Updates, and two breakout calls-- Survey & Analysis @ 10:30 am | From a phone: Dial conference call number (949) 202-4265; PIN:51267#. From Skype *NEW!* Skype id: meetingburnerconf Code:51267#.
Live notes: bit.ly/ORCall8
- 1.2.12 Training for Surveyors: Monday, January 2nd at 10:30am PST / 1:30pm EST. Get an overview of the Occupy Research General Survey process, pick up some tips for conducting face to face surveys, and discuss all the crucial info for this open and participatory research project! It is open to all! Call-in Info: (661) 673-8600; Access code: 227315#
- 12.17.11 OR 7th Conference Call: Saturday, Dec.17th, 1 pm EST/10 am PST. Call (661) 673-8600* and enter *Audio Pin227315# Agenda: Announcements, Project Updates, Survey Outreach, and a Survey Training following the main call! Link to live meeting notes: http://bit.ly/ORcall7
- 12.10.11 Occupy Research 6th Conference Call: General Survey + Race, Class and Gender Research. Dec. 10th, 1 pm EST/ 10am PST.Dial conference call number (949) 202-4265 and enter Audio Pin 227315# . http://bit.ly/ORcall6 <http://bit.ly/ORcall6>
- 12.9-12.12 OccupyData Hackathon: #occupydata Occupy Data Hackathon! http://bit.ly/occupyhackathon | bit.ly/occupydataschedule | irc.lc/indymeda/occupydata | http://bit.ly/occupyspreadsheet | http://r-shief.org
- 12.1.2011 Occupy Research 5th Conference Call
General Survey + Research Handbook Dec. 1st. 4pm East/ 1pm Pacific http://bit.ly/ORcall5 (Dial (949) 202-4265 and enter Audio Pin 82701#) Please note, the pin was recently updated
- 11.19.2011 OccupyResearch 4th Conference Call + General Survey + Data Mining. Nov. 19th. 1pm Eastern / 10 am Pacific http://bit.ly/orcall4
- 11.12.2011 OccupyResearch 3rd Conference Call + General Survey discussion; Saturday, Nov. 12th, 1pm Eastern / 10 am Pacific: http://bit.ly/orcall3
- 11.5.2011 Conference call: Occupy Research conference call, Saturday, Nov 5th 2011: http://bit.ly/ORcall2
- Occupy Research conference call, Saturday, Oct. 29th, 1pm Eastern (Dial: (218) 237-3840, Passcode: 131245)Notes http://bit.ly/ORconfcall29Oct2011
Spreadsheet of projects (http://bit.ly/ORprojects )
If you're not sure where to put something on this wiki, feel free to just drop it here in the Bike Rack. Also, if you see something in the Bike Rack, and you think you know where it should go - copy and paste it to the appropriate page!
Is there a need to craft a statement about research ethics, the use of human subjects and access to data?